Salisbury Motorcycle & Light Car Club
Recent visit from ‘Youngtimers Stammtisch’ who are from our twinned city Xanten, Germany
Salisbury Motorcycle Club was first formed in 1921 under the name of Sarum and District Motorcycle Club. The main interest of the club at that time was motorcycle trials.
In 1928 the club was re-formed to include all forms of motorcycle sport.
Then in 1930 the club changed its name to The Salisbury Motor Club to cater for, not only motorcycles but also the increasing number of light cars that were becoming popular at that time.
Between 1939 and 1946 the club was dormant, but in 1947 the club was reformed running trials, scrambles, grass tracks and social events.
In 1959 the name was changed again to Salisbury Motorcycle and Light Car Club. At this time the club ran grass track, trials and social events.
In 1976 a youth section for grass track and scramble riders was formed. Many of those young riders have gone on to be top speedway, grass track and motorcross riders (the youth sections are now dormant.) The classic section of the club was formed in 1982, running road runs, displays and social events. The road runs are now open to all motorcyclists who ride in the 'spirit of the classics'.
This year the club has elected to support, as its chosen charity: SERV Wessex.
Salisbury Motorcycle and Light Car Club Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 7140971.